Monday, February 25, 2008

Sleepy-Eyed Song

It's 1:33 in the middle of the night.
My heart is putting up a fight.
To sleep I need it to be silent
For this, I can really thank Rent
And now I'm getting thirsty
Cups of tears have just left me.
To happiness.
To making life a mess.
To all I love wrapped into one.
To having increasing amounts of fun.
How could this have happened again?
Music's a better obsession than men.
It's the last time, I've promised myself.
Yeah right. Trust is on a dusty shelf.
So what if I don't know when
To stop chewing on this pen.
Damn, I broke a bracket off again.
And I swear I'll never sleep again.
I know I'll never love again.
Except I never have, you see.
So let's fuck living. Woe is me.
This poem might not be my best
'Cause music makes up for lack of rest.
But I'm feeling way too much this time.
So I'll put it all down in rhyme.
Now I'm thinking 'bout all I haven't done.
The worry will come with the sun.
I wish I could play my guitar.
But sleeping parents aren't far.
So here I gaze out the window sill
Every living, loving thing wants to hide
It makes me really sick inside

-Kara

No comments: