Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ode to Papa Roach

It’s been said.
It’s been said a thousand times before.
I care far too much.
And every time I cry,
That’s another scar
That does indeed remind me
That life has happened.
I have been worn.
Threads have been torn.
But feeling is a human kind of thing, they say
And I’m that just as much.
Maybe too human.
But SOMEONE has to make up
For those who don’t feel a thing
For the type that lets everything pass them by
And nothing gets soaked up
Now here’s something that you don’t know
A couple weeks ago
I wondered what was wrong with me
For crying hadn’t been my thing
Until now
But then I came to understand
That I was oh so wrong
It’s not what’s wrong with me right now
But what was wrong before
For someone who can’t stand the sight
Of sorrow or of joy
You can’t keep all that bottled up
Or you’re sure to explode.
And explode, I must have
Finally
And boy was it time
Now the tears seem to leak out
At any given moment
And what gets me the most
What always has
Is not the dying ones
It’s those in want
And those in need
Receiving what they deserve


-Kara

No comments: