Sunday, March 2, 2008

To Survive, You Need Water

When you’re feeling bluer
Than you ever thought you could be
What do you do?
You write poetry


So this is my song
Just lacking a tune
That’s brought on, no less
By a Sunday afternoon


Life is getting harder
To live in, to enjoy
I need it to have feeling
Or myself I will destroy

And this is a message
To all that are let down
“Live in the present
Stop messing around

This is your LIFE
Believe it or not.
It cannot be wasted

Though that happens a lot

So maybe you should
Try to turn it around
Let's all find adventure
Just follow the sound

'Cause lying in bed
Will just make you sick
Better leave while there's time
Or here you will stick.”

Well I can't believe
How fast things have changed
Obsession’s slave, I am
Could it be more deranged?

The timing was then
The moment is now
If I'm gonna make it
I need to learn how

I'll plan for excitement
It'll take many years
But I won't waste time
With school, with careers

In the end it will work out
I feel it, I do
I'll find life in me yet
Then the world won't be so blue.

-Kara

No comments: