Sunday, September 28, 2008

Something new, to change it up

Ok Landis here and I vote we switch up the system here on thepainwillease and start something new. I think it would be a marvelous idea too, each month, put up a poem or song that has inspired us in our writing. I'll start with this, my favorite poem of all time called The Day Faith Died by and unknown author from the late 1800's :

She made a little shadow-hidden grave,
The day faith died;
Therein she laid it, heard the clod’s sick fall,
And smiled aside-
“If less I ask,” tear-blind she mocked, “I may
Be less denied.”
She set a rose to blossom in her hair,
The day faith died-
“Now glad,” she said, “and free at last, I go,
And life is wide.”
But through long nights she stared into the dark,
And knew she lied.

So now you all have a little insight on what inspires me. Hope it was an illuminating experience :)

No comments: