Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A common love story that is completely unique

A single meeting
the gaze was fleeting
sparked a light
for us to fight
That first time
was so sublime 
to the hollow 
that followed
Everything was perfect
our hearts still erect
In the field of snow and ice
that would lead us slowly to demise
But of course we didn't know
And hand in hand at fence post row.
We shared that magic kiss
for both of us a first
so things progressed 
as they must
and time and distance between us was thrust
That last night on the brink
I see it when I blink
Our hearts were ringing
our bodies singing
as we danced
away romance
into decay
The stars stole you away
but our love was their to stay
growing more and more each day
until it died
And time isn't healing a single thing
just playing with my heart
taking away all feeling
And the way you smile
it's getting old
But i'm sure you've been told
already.
And my heart is still a flutter
when I stutter 
out a simple greeting.
The worst bit.
In this real tight fit
is that I know for a fact
despite my own silly pact
is the events that have happened here 
will happen again
soon I fear.

Landis
9/9/08

No comments: