Thursday, July 31, 2008

Close Encounters of the Real Kind


So you think there’s things I got to do
Things that are my duty to me
I’m so sick and so fucking tired
Of hearing how things are “supposed” to be
Sure my life’s one fucked up mess
Who hasn’t noticed by now
And everyone’s telling me how to fix it
But the truth is they don’t even know how
Pretty soon people start to go away
They leave me to my tears
They walk away without a care
And leave me with my fears
They leave me with my problems
They leave me with their guns
They think they’re helping me
But they’re the worst fucking ones
There’s the ones who say shit about me
The ones who poison my life
I just say fuck them
But it still cuts deep like a knife
I say that I don’t fucking care
Even though the truth is that I do
I just can’t seem to make myself
Act up to the truth
Yeah I’m having problems
And yeah I want them gone
But trouble’s always here to stay
Though happy goes and comes
I don’t want your sympathy
It’s an empty jar
You act as though you’re sorry
But pity doesn’t go far
You think I want all you’re advice
But I know what to do
But I’m sure as hell not doing it
And neither will you
All your talk is what it is
Worthless jabber to make you feel good
You think you’re doing so much
Ha, doubt you ever could
People like me aren’t worth your time
We know this, so should you
We don’t even care what you say
Words are never true
So what if I have given up
So what if I die
No one misses people like me
And I won’t even cry
But for now I’m just fed up
I don’t want to go anymore
I’m done trying to make things rhyme
They never have before
I compare my life to poetry
Scripted like a play
Maybe that’s why I love the theatre
So I can wash thoughts away
The music’s just a shadow
That I can hide inside
The theatre’s just a house
In which I can hide
And if I strip those away from me
I’m only dry bones
Nothing special hidden
Deep inside you groan
You wasted all your time
For something empty like a book
They don’t hold fucking answeres
But you convince yourself to look
So when will you stop trying
To find meaning in your life
Put away your distractions
And stab me with that knife
Cause I alone have realized
The real meaning of life
And there is none
Life is a mistake
We were never meant to be here
Never meant to ramble on
About how suckish our lives are
While never making sense of our direction
So this poem I’ve written
Holds meaning only to me
It rambles on an on
Like how mistaken life was never meant to be

No comments: